Thursday, September 29, 2022

Two deep pin shoot

 It's been a long time since I've gone pin shooting.  In fact, I haven't been since November 7th, 2019 before Covid.  I went to the range yesterday to make sure it was sighted in right and it was really close, only needed a few clicks to adjust an inch right at 13 yards.  

Cathi came to watch and took a couple videos.  So the pins as you can see are laid out 4 across with a pin right behind the first one.  If you hit square it'll knock both off the table.  The table is only about 18 inches deep so it's not like you really need a lot of power.  But it helps.  

At rounds 6 thru 10 they space the second pin behind the front one about 6 inches so you have to focus even to make sure that front pin takes out the one behind it. 



Happy times at the range shooting pins!


 

Took 15th place out of 30. Not bad considering I was one of two using lever action. Everyone else was shooting semi-auto. Thanks to those who were shooting pistols and could hit crap, and leaving tons of pins on the table. Each one is a 5 second penalty. Lots of fun shooting the Henry Big Boy. At the end of the evening, my shoulder is just a little tender. Not bad, but it has a little kick.

No comments:

Post a Comment